Monday, June 14, 2010

watching walk-off home runs....

As you should know I am a HUGE baseball fan. I eat, and breathe it. I watch Baseball Tonight any chance I get whenever it is on. Watching highlights of games lately I have noticed something very amusing. All the players that have hit walk off home runs to win games, walk into the crowd of teammates waiting to celebrate with them. Usually the player would LEAP into the crowd and start the party. Even since Kendry Morales of the Los Angeles Angels broke his ankle jumping on home plate back in May players have been celebrating less chaotically. I have been wondering if it is the players themselves deciding maybe it won't turn out well if they jump, or is it the front office telling the players to calm down while celebrating so they don't hurt themselves. Kendry Morales was the heart and soul of his team. At that point in the season he was leading the league in home runs, now he is home watching the games and waiting for next year to start. If you ask me I am pretty sure most baseball clubs sent out a notice to their teams to stop going crazy at the plate, but I am also pretty sure all players saw that happen and told themselves maybe it's ok to stop. If you are interested to see some walk-off home run celebrations less chaotic look below. Chris Young Walk Off Home Run
Kendry Morales' Injury

Ike Davis Walk Off Home Run

Chris Young Walk Off Home Run

No comments:

Post a Comment